Thursday, June 17, 2021
7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
“Inappetence and Weight Loss in
Chronic Disease — Why Treatment Matters”
Presented by: Ryan Goupil, DVM
Please join for an evening learning about why treatment matters when treating inappetence in chronic disease during which will introduce Elura (capromorelin for cats) to manage weight loss in cats with CKD and revisit Entyce for dogs. At the beginning, we will provide a brief overview of the recently launched, first oral treatment for both fleas and ticks: Credelio Cat.
Ryan Goupil joined Elanco Animal Health following the acquisition of Aratana Therapeutics, where he began in 2017 as the Veterinary Medical Liaison for the West Coast, and has now assumed the role of Specialty Consulting Veterinarian. Prior to this, he was a member of the ER/CCU team at Sage Veterinary Centers in the San Francisco Bay Area, completed an internship at Oradell Animal Hospital in Paramus, NJ and completed his undergraduate and veterinary studies at Cornell University. He has past industry and academic research experience in the areas of immunotherapies for hematologic malignancies, graft-vs-host disease as well as exploring NSAID and nutraceutical treatments for various cancers.
7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
via Microsoft Teams Meeting
… or Call In (audio only):
Phone #: +1 347-941-5324
(United States, New York City)
Phone Conference ID #: 474 699 15#
Instructions for Joining
Microsoft Teams Meeting
Please follow these instructions:
- We strongly encourage you to join this meeting with a computer; if you don’t have access to a computer you will need to download the Microsoft teams app for your phone, tablet or iPad.
- Please use Google Chrome; if you use Internet Explorer you may have to ALSO call in via phone.
- Please log-in to the virtual meeting 5 minutes before the schedule start time, and wait to be admitted to the meeting
- If you are using Google Chrome, please select “Join on the web instead”. (See below for reference:)
- If you are using Internet Explorer, please select “Join in this browser instead”. (See below for reference:)
- If you are using a phone, tablet or an iPad, you must first download the Microsoft teams app, and select “Join as guest”. The app icon looks like this:
RSVP is not necessary for online meetings.
We need a new CVMA Delegate and alternative
to represent San Francisco veterinarians!
Please reach out to
Tiffany Hahn at email@example.com
if you are interested in helping represent out community!
A MESSAGE TO SFVMA MEMBERS
I was walking around my neighborhood this past weekend thinking about just how lucky we are in San Francisco. Everyone was wearing a mask shopping at the outdoor farmer’s market while people try to figure out the sudden CDC announcement that vaccinated people no longer need to wear masks. I have now gone for a few walks in the Presidio and Golden Gate Park mask free, but it has really become a habit to put one on every time I walk out of my apartment. It’s just something that most San Franciscans have done to protect each other and our communities, and that has certainly not been the case in many other places.
At the time of writing, 76% of San Franciscans over 16 years old have already had at least one vaccine, and we just started vaccinating 12-15 year-old kids as well. This is amazing and well above what many other places have accomplished thus far. I’m grateful to live in a place where so many people believe in science and have been so caring about trying to protect each other. …