Looking to hire an Associate Veterinarian
Part-time position available
We are an independently owned, formerly 3 (now 2) doctor small animal hospital serving the Westside of Santa Cruz. The hospital was founded in 1999 when we rebuilt an old house in the downtown section of the city. The property is located about a block from the ocean and sits on one of the only streets connecting Santa Cruz from the east and west. Our staff is fantastic, experienced, friendly, and very team oriented. It includes four long tenured RVTs, numerous support staff and a working owner who avoids micromanagement. We see pets as integral family members and our goal is to provide the best possible care for both our patients and their owners. The hospital’s personality combines a deep sense of professionalism with more relaxed and friendly overtones. Doctors can participate in almost any aspect of the medical practice but are encouraged to trust and rely on the staff to help work up cases and perform nursing duties.
Lots of local activities include: Hiking in the Redwoods, Mountain biking, Going to the Boardwalk and Wharf for games and shopping, Lots of Beaches to choose from to relax and surf, Wide variety of dining options. Just a 1-hour drive to San Francisco and 4-hour drive to the snow.
- Professional pride embedded in everything we do.
- Close ties to the community
- On-site 24-hour nursing care with a live-in nurse
- RVTs who have taken advanced courses in dentistry, anesthesia, pain management and fear-free handling.
- A fantastic Hospital Manager with years of experience helping things run smoothly.
- Outstanding loyal clients who expect the best care for their pets
- Emphasis on low-stress and respectful interactions with our patients
- A modern surgical suite with positive pressure room ventilation, patient monitoring and well cared for surgical equipment.
- In-house ultrasound machine plus Fiberoptic scopes for endoscopy, bronchoscopy, and otoscopy
- Dentistry with a new dental unit, digital radiography, and attendance in courses for advanced general practice dentistry
- In-house IDEXX lab machines – CBC, Chemistry, UA, 4DX, T4 plus digital radiography
- Ability to call in mobile specialists- cardiologist, radiologist, and surgeon. As well as close relationships with local internists and oncologists.
- And much more.
Benefit Packages for Part-time employment:
Part-time employment is 1-3 days a week.
- Optional participation in our 401k retirement plan with a 3% match. After 1 year of employment.
- Hospital pays for California State Veterinary License (not prorated)
- Inclusion in hospital malpractice insurance
- $1,000 annual CE allowance includes education, transportation, and meals.
- (Not prorated, but permanent schedule must be 80% full time or greater.)
- 3 paid days off for CE or Vacation
- (Available for use after 6 months of employment)
- 3 paid sick days per year
- (Available for use after 3 months of employment.)
- Trupanion coverage for pets after 3 months of employment- number of pets covered is based on how long you work here. Hospital pays monthly premium.
- Generous employee discounts for staff pets
Compensation package for full-time/part-time employees:
Calculated monthly as Gross Production/days worked = Daily production average (DPA)
- Generous Bonus structure – Happy to share details if you are interested.
- Competitive and generous compensation package – Happy to share details.
If you are interested in working with us, we would love to hear from you. Please reach out to Becky at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to check out our website at scwah.com
Fairfax Veterinary Clinic
Come join our team in wonderful Fairfax, and see why we love living and working in Marin!
Fairfax Veterinary Clinic is a growing and thriving, privately/locally owned practice expanding into a spacious state-of-the-art facility. With our team of 6 DVM’s, we offer a collaborative and supportive environment where you can create and define your own niche, enabling you to have the career you imagined, back when you first decided you wanted to become a veterinarian. Some of our associates focus on cats and dogs exclusively, some see exotics and birds, or small mammals and pocket pets. Some of us have a passion for surgery and dentistry, others for acupuncture, internal medicine, or preventive care.
What passion will you bring to our practice? We are seeking an associate veterinarian who understands the importance of exceptional client service in obtaining good outcomes for our patients. We strive to provide top-notch medical and surgical services for our patients, excellent service to our customers, while maintaining an upbeat and enjoyable work environment. We are a general practice, located just 20 miles north of San Francisco. Convenient access to local specialists and emergency services allows us to always provide the very best care for our patients while maintaining work-life balance personally. Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to:
Seeking Associate Veterinarian
$30,000 Signing/Relocation Bonus
Jackson Creek Veterinary Clinic is in the beautiful Sierra Nevada foothills with something for everyone. Historic Jackson, CA is a former gold mining town, now growing, and straddling the suburban/rural interface. It’s a great place to raise a family in an area with plenty of outdoor recreational activities. We are also conveniently located less than 2 hours from Sacramento, Lake Tahoe, & the SF Bay Area. Amador County is home to over 40 extensive, award-winning, and delicious wineries! Our corner of the foothills is a great place for anyone wanting to settle down in a quiet country setting, but close enough to the city that you won’t miss a beat.
Our compensation and benefits plan are generous, competitive, and commensurate with experience. Our package includes:
- Signing bonus and relocation assistance, up to $100,000
- Salary with monthly production bonus
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401 (k) eligibility with employer match
- Reimbursement of licensure/DEA fees and professional membership dues
- Sponsored AVMA PLIT
- A flexible schedule allowing ample time off to maintain your quality of life
- Annual continuing education allowance
- Paid time off for personal use and to attend CE
- Paid New Grad & Associate DVM Development programs
- Paid sick leave & Holidays
- No after-hours emergency calls
- Generous personal pet discounts
Jackson Creek Veterinary Clinic is seeking a full- or part-time associate to join our 2-DVM, small animal general practice in Northern California. We have served our loyal clientele since 1990 and take pride in our many long-lasting relationships within our community, including many local animal rescues. We provide a wide range of services including soft tissue surgery, digital and dental radiography, ultrasound, and in-house labs. We are located an hour away from the many referral facilities in the Sacramento area and we work with nearby specialists when needed, but we also have more exposure to complex medical & surgical cases when clients prefer to keep their pets in-house. Whether you’re an experienced doctor or a new graduate, Jackson Creek is the perfect place to hone your craft as a well-rounded clinician. Our growing, enthusiastic team of assistants and RVT support our associates in all facets of patient care, allowing you to focus on practicing medicine.
As the world’s largest veterinary practice, the network of hospital, field, and headquarters leadership, allows us to offer you the support and resources needed to help you worry less and focus more on being your best self.
Please send resume to the practice manager Aimee: email@example.com
Seeking Associate Veterinarian
$30,000 Signing/Relocation Bonus
Established in 1989, our hospital honors the health and happiness of all pets and people, and it is our firm belief that you can’t put a price on doing the right thing. As a full-service hospital, we take great pride in the extensive range of services our doctors have to offer and are always excited to expand our ability to better serve our patients and clients. We have a terrific team of support staff and are well-equipped with advanced medical devices such as digital dental & standard radiography, ultrasound, endoscopy, in-house lab, & a paper lite operating system.
Our ideal candidate will have 2+ years of DVM experience but we will consider more recent graduates with the right attitude and interests. We are currently looking to fill 3-4 shifts per week, have the flexibility to consider FT or PT candidates, and can offer a set weekly schedule with no on-calls, ever! We are looking for someone to bond with us and our community. NSAH also strives to nurture doctors seeking to hone their skills in niche areas of veterinary care.
For more information please contact the
Practice Manager, Leticia Vega
Veterinary Street Outreach Services
Veterinary Street Outreach Services (VET SOS) is recruiting volunteers—DVMs and veterinary assistant/technicians—for its monthly mobile clinics serving the companion animals of homeless San Franciscans. Visit www.vetsos.org for more information, including upcoming clinic dates. Support the human-
Voicemail: (415) 355-
Volunteer Vet Techs Needed at PAWS (Pets Are Wonderful Support)
PAWS mission is to preserve, support and nurture the human-animal bond for those most vulnerable in our community, low-income San Francisco residents who are seniors (over 60 years old) and/or persons living with a disability, with pet food and vet care, among its services.
Volunteer Vet Techs assist one of our licensed Volunteer Veterinarians with exams and nail trims at our Ask The Vet consultations. Our vet exam room is located in the PAWS building in the Mission neighborhood of San Francisco.
Volunteer Vet Techs do not need to be licensed vet techs, but must have a minimum of one year experience working in a veterinary environment, and feel comfortable performing animal restraint and animal handling tasks within a limited clinic environment.
Please contact Program Coordinator, Volunteer Services, Walter Campbell for more information and to apply to volunteer:
Want to do something that saves lives, feels good and helps your community? Then volunteer to help animals when disasters strike in California!
Thousands of animals need care during and after disasters. Some 63% of California households have pets, including an estimated 10 million pet cats, nine million dogs, and one million horses. Other pets, farm animals, and wildlife also need assistance during and after disasters like earthquakes, floods, and wildfires.
Veterinary professionals are vital to animals during disasters. The mission of the California Veterinary Medical Reserve Corps (CAVMRC) is to provide veterinary professionals with the training and credentialing necessary to support animal health and public health.
Deployment is always voluntary. Volunteers get involved at whatever level works for them – assistants are needed as well as leaders, part- time responders are as welcome as those who can help out for a week or two, plus there are ongoing roles in areas such as planning and disaster response. Volunteer participation can be a matter of life or death for rescued animals and means the world to the owners of those animals.
Benefits of joining the CAVMRC
The CAVMRC provides veterinary professionals:
Credentialing necessary to support animal health and public health emergency response.
Continuing education and training opportunities that allow you to strengthen your skills to better serve your practice, your community and our state.
Networking and information sharing opportunities with veterinary team members across the state.
Who can join the CAVMRC?
You don’t need any prior disaster response experience or training to join the CAVMRC. The entire veterinary practice team is welcome, including:
- Registered veterinary technicians
- Veterinary assistants, office managers and all support staff members
- Students in veterinary medical programs
- Retired veterinary professionals with a current license
The CVMA registered the CAVMRC as a unit of the Medical Reserve Corps under the California Emergency Medical Services Agency and works in cooperation with local, statewide, and national agencies. The CVMA has played an important role in preparing for and responding to disasters in California since 1994 and builds on this experience with this new affiliation.
For more information visit the CAVMRC website.
Advertise with SFVMA
Thank you for your interest in advertising with the San Francisco Veterinary Medical Association!
For more information, please submit this form with your inquiry, or feel free to contact Jessica Lau at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2023 Newsletter Deadlines
[ to be announced… ]
(… or as soon as you can get it to us)