Looking to hire an Associate Veterinarian
Part-time position available
We are an independently owned, formerly 3 (now 2) doctor small animal hospital serving the Westside of Santa Cruz. The hospital was founded in 1999 when we rebuilt an old house in the downtown section of the city. The property is located about a block from the ocean and sits on one of the only streets connecting Santa Cruz from the east and west. Our staff is fantastic, experienced, friendly, and very team oriented. It includes four long tenured RVTs, numerous support staff and a working owner who avoids micromanagement. We see pets as integral family members and our goal is to provide the best possible care for both our patients and their owners. The hospital’s personality combines a deep sense of professionalism with more relaxed and friendly overtones. Doctors can participate in almost any aspect of the medical practice but are encouraged to trust and rely on the staff to help work up cases and perform nursing duties.
Lots of local activities include: Hiking in the Redwoods, Mountain biking, Going to the Boardwalk and Wharf for games and shopping, Lots of Beaches to choose from to relax and surf, Wide variety of dining options. Just a 1-hour drive to San Francisco and 4-hour drive to the snow.
- Professional pride embedded in everything we do.
- Close ties to the community
- On-site 24-hour nursing care with a live-in nurse
- RVTs who have taken advanced courses in dentistry, anesthesia, pain management and fear-free handling.
- A fantastic Hospital Manager with years of experience helping things run smoothly.
- Outstanding loyal clients who expect the best care for their pets
- Emphasis on low-stress and respectful interactions with our patients
- A modern surgical suite with positive pressure room ventilation, patient monitoring and well cared for surgical equipment.
- In-house ultrasound machine plus Fiberoptic scopes for endoscopy, bronchoscopy, and otoscopy
- Dentistry with a new dental unit, digital radiography, and attendance in courses for advanced general practice dentistry
- In-house IDEXX lab machines – CBC, Chemistry, UA, 4DX, T4 plus digital radiography
- Ability to call in mobile specialists- cardiologist, radiologist, and surgeon. As well as close relationships with local internists and oncologists.
- And much more.
Benefit Packages for Part-time employment:
Part-time employment is 1-3 days a week.
- Optional participation in our 401k retirement plan with a 3% match. After 1 year of employment.
- Hospital pays for California State Veterinary License (not prorated)
- Inclusion in hospital malpractice insurance
- $1,000 annual CE allowance includes education, transportation, and meals.
- (Not prorated, but permanent schedule must be 80% full time or greater.)
- 3 paid days off for CE or Vacation
- (Available for use after 6 months of employment)
- 3 paid sick days per year
- (Available for use after 3 months of employment.)
- Trupanion coverage for pets after 3 months of employment- number of pets covered is based on how long you work here. Hospital pays monthly premium.
- Generous employee discounts for staff pets
Compensation package for full-time/part-time employees:
Calculated monthly as Gross Production/days worked = Daily production average (DPA)
- Generous Bonus structure – Happy to share details if you are interested.
- Competitive and generous compensation package – Happy to share details.
If you are interested in working with us, we would love to hear from you. Please reach out to Becky at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to check out our website at scwah.com
Fairfax Veterinary Clinic
Come join our team in wonderful Fairfax, and see why we love living and working in Marin!
Fairfax Veterinary Clinic is a growing and thriving, privately/locally owned practice expanding into a spacious state-of-the-art facility. With our team of 6 DVM’s, we offer a collaborative and supportive environment where you can create and define your own niche, enabling you to have the career you imagined, back when you first decided you wanted to become a veterinarian. Some of our associates focus on cats and dogs exclusively, some see exotics and birds, or small mammals and pocket pets. Some of us have a passion for surgery and dentistry, others for acupuncture, internal medicine, or preventive care.
What passion will you bring to our practice? We are seeking an associate veterinarian who understands the importance of exceptional client service in obtaining good outcomes for our patients. We strive to provide top-notch medical and surgical services for our patients, excellent service to our customers, while maintaining an upbeat and enjoyable work environment. We are a general practice, located just 20 miles north of San Francisco. Convenient access to local specialists and emergency services allows us to always provide the very best care for our patients while maintaining work-life balance personally. Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to:
Seeking Associate Veterinarian
$30,000 Signing/Relocation Bonus
Jackson Creek Veterinary Clinic is in the beautiful Sierra Nevada foothills with something for everyone. Historic Jackson, CA is a former gold mining town, now growing, and straddling the suburban/rural interface. It’s a great place to raise a family in an area with plenty of outdoor recreational activities. We are also conveniently located less than 2 hours from Sacramento, Lake Tahoe, & the SF Bay Area. Amador County is home to over 40 extensive, award-winning, and delicious wineries! Our corner of the foothills is a great place for anyone wanting to settle down in a quiet country setting, but close enough to the city that you won’t miss a beat.
Our compensation and benefits plan are generous, competitive, and commensurate with experience. Our package includes:
- Signing bonus and relocation assistance, up to $100,000
- Salary with monthly production bonus
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401 (k) eligibility with employer match
- Reimbursement of licensure/DEA fees and professional membership dues
- Sponsored AVMA PLIT
- A flexible schedule allowing ample time off to maintain your quality of life
- Annual continuing education allowance
- Paid time off for personal use and to attend CE
- Paid New Grad & Associate DVM Development programs
- Paid sick leave & Holidays
- No after-hours emergency calls
- Generous personal pet discounts
Jackson Creek Veterinary Clinic is seeking a full- or part-time associate to join our 2-DVM, small animal general practice in Northern California. We have served our loyal clientele since 1990 and take pride in our many long-lasting relationships within our community, including many local animal rescues. We provide a wide range of services including soft tissue surgery, digital and dental radiography, ultrasound, and in-house labs. We are located an hour away from the many referral facilities in the Sacramento area and we work with nearby specialists when needed, but we also have more exposure to complex medical & surgical cases when clients prefer to keep their pets in-house. Whether you’re an experienced doctor or a new graduate, Jackson Creek is the perfect place to hone your craft as a well-rounded clinician. Our growing, enthusiastic team of assistants and RVT support our associates in all facets of patient care, allowing you to focus on practicing medicine.
As the world’s largest veterinary practice, the network of hospital, field, and headquarters leadership, allows us to offer you the support and resources needed to help you worry less and focus more on being your best self.
Please send resume to the practice manager Aimee: email@example.com
Seeking Associate Veterinarian
$30,000 Signing/Relocation Bonus
Established in 1989, our hospital honors the health and happiness of all pets and people, and it is our firm belief that you can’t put a price on doing the right thing. As a full-service hospital, we take great pride in the extensive range of services our doctors have to offer and are always excited to expand our ability to better serve our patients and clients. We have a terrific team of support staff and are well-equipped with advanced medical devices such as digital dental & standard radiography, ultrasound, endoscopy, in-house lab, & a paper lite operating system.
Our ideal candidate will have 2+ years of DVM experience but we will consider more recent graduates with the right attitude and interests. We are currently looking to fill 3-4 shifts per week, have the flexibility to consider FT or PT candidates, and can offer a set weekly schedule with no on-calls, ever! We are looking for someone to bond with us and our community. NSAH also strives to nurture doctors seeking to hone their skills in niche areas of veterinary care.
For more information please contact the
Practice Manager, Leticia Vega