Please be aware that Los Angeles county is currently experiencing an outbreak of Canine Influenza. Please let clients know if they plan on boarding their pets over the holidays that they may want to ensure their dogs are up to date on vaccinations and consider dogs with upper respiratory signs and fevers as potentially infected with Canine Influenza.
CANINE INFLUENZA H3N2:
- Over 800 reported confirmed and suspected cases and 7 reported deaths in LA County.
- 2 animal shelters affected.
- Spreading rapidly at pet boarding and daycare facilities located throughout the county.
- Some pets have been infected at dog parks, while on walks, and where they come near other dogs.
- Cases of CIV H3N2 are being reported in the surrounding counties as well.